I’m so happy to be able to provide these show notes for y’all again this week. I’ve included links to the things I talked about in this episode below. Of course, if you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to contact me!
I just have one finished object to share this week! In reality, it isn’t *quite* complete, but this will be the last time I share it on the podcast, so I wanted to show it one last time ;)
- Sample knit for sewrella yarn
- Making the 4-5 year size in the kid’s version of the Seaside Sweater by Petite Knit
- I have fully enjoyed knitting this! Though I must say, I am grateful to have it finished ;)
Works in Progress:
I have quite a few WIPs this week!
Peek-a-boo maxi skirt:
- Test knit for @knitatude
- Making the XS/1 size
- Just a couple inches to go before starting the lace! I am hoping to have it finished this week ;)
- Using KnitPicks Swish DK in the colorway Delft Heather, and size 8 needles
- Test knit for Jacqui Cieslak
- Making the cropped, worsted weight, XS/1 size
- Using Cascade Pacific Worsted
- LOVE this sweater! I am now onto sleeve island ;)
- Making the size 1
- Using Woolike by Loops and Threads and Cloud 9 from Hobby Lobby marled together
- The texture of this is super squishy and fun, and I am looking forward to watching it grow!
No design talk today...I am working on a few things, but wanted to wait to show them until next week! Exciting things coming ;) Stay tuned!
Devotion and Life Update:
For my devotional today, I wanted to share a bible verse with y’all! Proverbs 17:22 says, “A joyful heart is good for the soul, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.”
Now, at first glance, this verse is a little disheartening. It is quite blunt, and can make weird emotions arise.
But let me encourage you! Laughter is good for the soul! I encourage you to find something, anything, to LAUGH about. A funny thing or kid/grandchild/sibling/friend/cousin, etc, said, a hilarious TV show, or just thinking of how funny the word “platypus” is. God totally has a sense of humor :)
But let me encourage you this way too: we are human. Because of sin, we WILL face trials, broken hearts, disappointing news, and worse. But that is NOT the end. God is always with you, and he remains the same loving God no matter what.
Take courage, and be joyful. 2020 has been rough for a lot of people, and the world. But let us not forget the good things. The joyful things. I promise they’re there, even when they are hard to find ;)
I also talk about a little life update, so watch that if you’re interested!
Until next time,