I’m so happy to be able to provide these show notes for y’all again this week. I’ve included links to the things I talked about on this episode below. Of course, if you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to contact me!
Watch the Podcast!: https://youtu.be/f9sdCxRHMjw
Unlike the past TWO episodes, I finally have a couple finished objects to share with y’all!
Blipped Baby Blanket:
- Pattern coming soon by me
- Yarn: 2 skeins Premiere Puzzle in the color “Maze”, and some gray from stash. I am not entirely sure what it is, but I believe it is also Premiere Puzzle, or at least something very similar.
- SO excited to finally have this done!
- I knit a sock! A real, fingering weight, it actually fits, SOCK.
- Pattern: I used this tutorial by The Crazy Sock Lady, and made the size Small
Yarn: I won this yarn in a giveaway awhile back, but it is Lolo Did It in the color “Helping Hippos”
- I only have one done, but the second in underway ;)
- My Land and Sea Cardi Test Knit for Julie of Twin Stitches Designs is done, but I will be waiting to show you it until the pattern is released ;)
Works In Progress:
- 2nd Helping Hippos Sock
- Sock Week 2020 socks! I will be making an entire video dedicated to #sockweek2020, but I still show you my sock.
- Yarn: Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight
- Colorway: unknown
- Needles: Chiao Goo 9 inch circs size 0 (2.00 mm)
Better Than Basic Ringer Tee:
- Test crochet for Stephanie of @bystephanieerin
- Made lots of progress! This will be the last time you see it.
- Yarn: Hobby Lobby’s Soft and Sleek DK in the colors Dijon (deep mustard) and Mink (charcoal gray)
- Making size XS/1
Only sharing one project today, I have been busy working on TONs of things that I am not ready to show quite yet ;)
- Yarn: Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn in the color “Sungold”
- Pattern coming this fall!
For my devotional this week I talked about pursuing a true relationship with the father. One where the mentality is “even more”.
I started a new devotional this week called Even More, A 40 Day Experience for Girls and Young Women. It is written by Rachel Lovingood and Jennifer Mills. I have the link to this book below if you’d like to check it out ;)
Find the book on Amazon (not affiliated): https://www.amazon.com/Even-More-Experience-Girls-Member/dp/1430042842/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=even+more+devotional&qid=1596977491&sr=8-2
One thing this book talks about that really stuck out to me is the fact that we have the tendency to compartmentalize our lives.
Compartmentalizing our lives is exactly like dividing things into compartments, like storing leftover food, or organizing toys.
For Christians, it means that even though we say we are following Jesus, and trusting Him, and have given our lives over to Him, we have divided our lives. We have invited Him into some compartments...but not all.
Sometimes, we (I!) think we have some part of our lives all figured out. Whether that be our job, our relationship(s), our future, etc.
Let me be the first to break it to ya...WE DON’T. Whether we decide to believe it or not, we aren’t in control. God has given us the gift of free will. The gift to make choices. But HE is in control. Yes, we have control over some things, our attitude, reactions to certain events, etc, but overall, we are just the passengers of his big van of plans.
You see, God has a plan for you. God has bigger things for you, more amazing things for you, than you or I could ever imagine. Let that sink in!
But in order for us to fully experience all these amazing things, and even life-changing, teachable moments, we have to give him complete control.
I encourage you to give every single compartment of your life over to him.
Let’s keep each other accountable ;)
I hope you enjoyed watching this week’s podcast! I am always so delighted to film and share each episode with you guys. Thanks so much for being on this journey with me!
I hope and pray that you continue to have an amazing week. Stay tuned for big announcements coming later this week from me!
Until next time,