I’m so happy to be able to provide these show notes for y’all again this week. Of course, if you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to contact me!
Best Dude Beanie
- Love how this version turned out!
Sporty Shorty Socks
- My first every sock test-knit!
- Size 1, 2.25 mm needles (I had to go down from a size 2)
- Check out the yarn I used here.
- I LOVE THESE SOCKS! Ah! Just wait until the pattern releases ;)
Dad’s Birthday Socks
- You’ll have to tune into the podcast to hear my long story behind this yarn, but needless to say, these socks have been a *long* time coming. I am so incredibly thrilled to finally be knitting them!
- Also, I figured out what this yarn is! Berroco Comfort ;)
- Heel Toe Do-Si-Do socks by The Crazy Sock Lady
- Size 1, 2.25 mm needles
Works in Progress:
- Yarn: I Love This Yarn
- Pattern: Weekender Sweater by Andrea Mowry
- Needles: size 8
- Notes: If you’ve been watching the podcast for awhile, you have probably seen this project. I started it a really long time ago, and finished the body. However I then realized that the short row shoulder shaping didn’t look right on me, and made the decision to put it aside. However, I have pulled it back out again, and have the goal of finishing it during the month of January! I really really want to wear it while it is still cold here in AL ;)
Tale of Three Brothers Socks:
- New test knit for Julie of Twin Stitches Designs!
- Using Knit Picks Stroll in the colorway pumpkin, check it out here!
-Size 1, 2.25 mm needles
- I have one done, and am working on the second now!
Working on a few things behind the scenes, and celebrating a new release!
Today I wanted to share something just a bit different. I am reading through 1 Corinthians, and it is just so so good. I came across this passage, and couldn’t resist not sharing it with y’all!
*written in a letter by Paul to the Christian church in Corinth, starting with 3:10
“According to God’s grace that was given to me, I have laid a foundation as a skilled master builder, and another builds on it. But each one is to be careful how he builds on it. For no one can lay any other foundation than what has been laid down. That foundation is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay, or straw, each one’s work will become obvious. For the day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by first; the fire will test the quality of each one’s work. If anyone’s work that he has built survives, he will receive a reward. If anyones’ work is burned up, he will experience loss. But he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.
This passage really stood out to me. Tune in to the podcast to hear all the behind-the-scenes reasons, but in short, the foundation we build for ourselves matters. It has to be a strong, sturdy foundation built on Jesus Christ. The world is broken and imperfect. It wasn’t designed to be that way, but it happened with the first sin. However, through Jesus Christ we are given never ending, undeserved, grace. Grace upon grace upon grace.
Because of this, we have the opportunity to build a sturdy foundation. We have the opportunity to rebuild a sturdy foundation. God never ever leaves or forsakes us!
I hope this was encouraging to you! I would love to hear your thoughts ;)
Until next time,
Amy Kate <3