I’m so happy to be able to provide these show notes for y’all again this week. Of course, if you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to contact me!
Blipped Messy Bun Beanie
- I made a new sample of one of my patterns to honor Free Pattern Friday! I used Knit Picks -Snuggle Puff, and it made the coziest little beanie.
Works in Progress:
- Yarn: Snow Day from Ruby and Roses Yarn
- Pattern: Rye Light socks from Tin Can Knits
- Needles: ChiaoGoo size 1, 2.25 mm needles
- Notes: My first pair for my box of socks 2021 challenge. I am just loving them so far ;)
- Yarn: I Love This Yarn
- Pattern: Weekender Sweater by Andrea Mowry
- Needles: size 8
- Notes: If you’ve been watching the podcast for awhile, you have probably seen this project. I started it a really long time ago, and finished the body. However I then realized that the short row shoulder shaping didn’t look right on me, and made the decision to put it aside. However, I have pulled it back out again, and have the goal of finishing it during the month of January! I really really want to wear it while it is still cold here in AL ;)
Sporty Shorty Socks
- My first every sock test-knit!
- Size 1, 2.25 mm needles (I had to go down from a size 2)
- These are going SO well. I am knitting the XS, and testing them for @perfectlyknotted.
Dad’s Birthday Socks
- You’ll have to tune into the podcast to hear my long story behind this yarn, but needless to say, these socks have been a *long* time coming. I am so incredibly thrilled to finally be knitting them!
- I am knitting the Heel Toe Do-Si-Do socks by The Crazy Sock Lady
- Size 1, 2.25 mm needles
Best Dude Beanie
- I am knitting a new sample of one of my own patterns!
None today! I am working diligently behind the scenes, and am so excited for it all! I have a brand new pattern releasing tomorrow...so stay tuned ;)
This week, my family church is honoring a week long prayer and fasting journey. I myself am treating it as a encouragement to more disciplined in the act of prayer. Sometimes, my prayers become rehearsed. Praying before a meal, praying over my day, etc. Don’t get me wrong...every prayer is important and beautiful. However, we have to be REAL. We are admitting to God that we need Him to intervene in our lives.
Earlier this week, I was tapping through some stories on Instagram. One person I followed was talking about how her large family had had a really long day of traveling. At one point, she was reaching her max. She had lost her airpods, and her family was going to miss their next flight. These things may be seem silly, but remember, no problem is silly in the eyes of the Lord. However, she thought it was silly too. In the grand scheme of things, airpods really aren’t important. She uttered a little prayer, hoping that they would catch their next flight, and that maybe her airpods could be located.
Not long after, this family’s flight was delayed by the perfect amount, and her airpods are delivered RIGHT to her.
The point she was trying to make, and the point that I have been pondering all week, is that God is READY. God is WILLING. He is sitting on the throne literally waiting for us to come to Him. So go. Go pray to Him. Go pray WITH Him.
We have to learn to admit that we weren’t made to do this life alone. We have needed Him before, we need Him now, and we will need Him forever.
I encourage you to pray. It doesn’t have to be fancy or rehearsed, in fact, that isn’t what He is asking for. He wants us to “come as you are, all who are weary or burdened, and your yoke will be lifted”. He is so, so ready.
I hope this little devotional was an encouragement to you. Prayer is so important! It needs to become a habit ;)
Until next time,
Amy Kate <3