I’m so happy to be able to provide these show notes for y’all again this week. Of course, if you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to contact me! Also, all of the yarn and needle info is clickable, so be sure to just click on the words if you'd like to see the actual product I love.
- Pattern: The Crazy Sock Lady’s Vanilla Socks on Magic Loop, size small
- Needles: size 1, 2.25 mm
- Notes: Not much to say about these, except for the fact that I absolutely adore these colors! I think I am going to have to make myself a matching pair ;)
- I met my goal and finished this scarf last Tuesday! It took a few days to get it to the recipient, but I am so thankful it is complete ;) I didn’t have the time (or lighting) to film a little clip, but I inserted a couple pictures of it at the end!
Works in Progress:
- Pattern: The Crazy Sock Lady’s Vanilla Socks on Magic Loop, adapted
- Needles: size 1, 2.25 mm
- Notes: I adapted the numbers the same way I did for Caleb’s...60 sts!
Toasty Warm Autumn Socks:
- Pattern: Lee Lee Knits Toast Warm Autumn Socks, free on her blog
- Needles: Size 4, 3.5 mm (these ones!)
- Notes: I modified just a couple things about this pattern. I went down two needle sizes, and altered the length of the foot so that it would fit me. I also did a 2 by 2 rib cuff instead 1 by 1, and made the leg a bit longer! I definitely hoping to finish these this week ;)
I have *quite* a few things I want to start soon, but am determined to finish these two WIPs, my Scrappy Blanket, and my Dad's socks first! Then it is on to a few personal projects, new designs, and new scrappy projects ;)
Talked about some future plans with some new yarn!
As we quickly approach the end of 2020, I encourage you to take a bit of time to reflect. It is safe to say that 2020 didn’t go how anyone expected it too. I remember sitting at church the week of New Years, and our pastor talked about 20/20 Vision, and how this year would be powerful. While it definitely pan out the way most people planned it...I believe 2020 was still beautiful.
Now, for me personally, 2020 was a life-changing year. I hit my goal of releasing a pattern every week, graduated high school (pandemic style), started college (also pandemic style), got a car, and overall grew so much as a person, young woman, and believer.
However, that is not the point to this conversion. In 2020, we all learned a lot. We learned that time with family is priceless, no matter how frustrating it can be at times. We learned that plans aren’t the end all be all. We learned not to take our freedoms for granted. We learned how powerful and destructive a virus can be. We learned so, so much more.
You see, 2020 has been rough for a lot of people. Don’t get me wrong here...we don’t have to stay negative. Let us talk about what DIDN’T change in 2020.
God’s never-ending love, grace, mercy, guidance, wisdom, encouragement, faithfulness, peace, and joy. Because of how good our God is, it doesn’t matter what battles we face. He is always there, and literally asking us to lean on Him for strength.
As we conclude the year 2020, I pray that you focus on the good. Focus on what God did in your life. Then, as you look forward to 2021, I pray you do just that. Look forward to it. A lot of things are going to stay the same...but I promise good things will happen. Always remember, Jesus IS coming!
I hope you continue to have a wonderful holiday season. Be sure to stay tuned because tomorrow I am releasing my LAST pattern of 2020. My oh my, what a year!
Until next time,
Amy Kate <3
*This post contains affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you!