No Bake Pumpkin Spice Pie
Little confession...not only do I love knitting and crocheting...I also love baking and cooking ;). What can I say, I'm your classic "old soul". And I am so okay with it!
I originally made this pie early in the fall season, and gained inspiration for it from multiple recipes. I have since found the perfect ratios and spice balance, and I wanted to share!
This is the perfect recipe as a last-minute desert for Thanksgiving. Or, since no one *really* as room for desert after a big meal like that...a few hours after the meal. Either way, you can whip it up in 10 minutes, and it is sure to be crowd-pleaser!
- 2 cups (1 8 oz. container) of Cool Whip, or whipped cream, divided
- 1 box of Vanilla Pudding mix
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of pure pumpkin puree, un-blotted (not pie filling)
- 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 premade, or homemade pie crust (for simplicity, I didn't make this one. However, homemade pie crust is delicious, and I recommend this recipe! However, I would suggest omitting the added sugar)
1) Combine the milk, pudding mix, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree into a large bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined. The mixture will be fairly thick, but it should be smooth.
2) Add 1 cup of cool whip to the pumpkin pudding mixture. Using a rubber spatula, fold the cool whip until it is full incorporated. Be gentle, so you don't deflate the cool whip!
3) Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
4) Let the pie chill in the fridge until you're ready to serve it. I recommend at least two hours, but overnight is fine too if you'd like to make it ahead!
5) After chilling, top with the last cup of cool whip! Make it pretty by piping, or keep it simple and use a spatula. You may not need it all (I never do), but if you love cool whip piled high...go for it!
6) Enjoy, and clean up the kitchen like the wonderful baker you are ;)
Also, this can easily be made it advance, then set overnight in the fridge to thaw. Though this doesn't take long to prepare, it is nice to get ahead when you can!
Isn't that so simple? And trust me...it is delicious. Not too heavy or sweet, just the perfect little completion to a lovely fall day. I hope you enjoy this special fall treat, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Until next time,